Subject: [Leica] Mounted shooting competition
From: leowesson at gmail.com (Leo Wesson)
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 11:38:16 -0600

Hi Howard,

I was using my D4 that shoots a bunch of frames per second but  I also
tried shooting single frame to see how that would;  my success rate was
about the same, it's just with the hi fps, it's a little more random.
There was a bit of experimentation about what shutter speed and ISO to use,
too fast and the sparks wouldn't show up and too slow and the horse and
rider wouldn't be sharp.  I shot for about 4 hours, 2800 frames.  About 80
of those had pretty good timing and reasonably good focus/sharpness. 29 of
those 80 had pretty good composition and movement.  12 of those 29 were
better than the rest and I chose 7 of those 12 to publish on the web.

Thanks for looking!

Leo Wesson
Photographer/Videographer
817.733.9157