Subject: [Leica] digital Agfa Scala ?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 21:08:35 -0500

Like Tofu dogs and veggie burgers.
Your better off with rice and beans and if you don't like it go out and kill
a cow.
I've embraced the vastly superior results and vastly superior workflo I get
this millennium with digital cameras and Photoshop; with Epson printers and
Moab rag papers or just computer monitors looking at jpegs I've put in the
LUG Gallery or other places on the internet.
If there ever was a better time to be excited to be doing photography I
don't know when that was. I'm super happy to be alive now and be involved on
the ground floor in this burgeoning technology.
I'm sure as hell not dreaming about the so called good old days of film and
darkroom work which went from work around to the uncontrolled next.
If I ever get nostalgic for the look of film I'll go out and shoot a roll of
film with they still sell and put them in cameras I still own. I think the
look of film will be perfectly rendered by using film. And if I shoot film
and try to make it look like something else it won't work out so well
because film is film and something else is something else.
Film does a great job of looking like film. The resemblance is uncanny.
Digital photography does a great job of looking just like digital
photography. I like digital photography.  I have no apologies about the fact
that I'm shooting, printing and loving digital photography. If I didn't I'd
do something else. Like sewing. Or writing sonnets.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

Replies: Reply from photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe) ([Leica] digital Agfa Scala ? MARK)