Subject: [Leica] Red dots
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 12:13:04 -0500

More than a dozen years ago I had one of the first Leica digitals
repaired by Leica in New Jersey. The camera, a rebadged Fuji Digilux
Zoom had some issues with its 1.3 megapixel sensor. The technician made
a couple of adjustments and pronounced the camera fine. As I left the
office I mentioned that the red dot on the front of the camera had
fallen off. Don't worry about that the technician replied. He reached
his desc drawer and handed me a strip of Leica red dots affixed to
sticky tape. About a ten, I would estimate.
By the logic recently offered in the LUG that would improve my picture
quality by over 200%.

In case you want to see what one of the first widely sold Leica
digitals looked like, here it is with it's Fuji sibling, later sold as
the Leica 6800.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Digital+Leica.JPG.html

Larry Z
- - - - -
"
DANG Richard! Sorry I forgot the magical aspects of the "LEICA RED
DOT!" :-)
But I've always believed the red dot improvement factor was 20%! :-) But
that's why the LEICA LENSES always cost that extra amount! You're
paying for
the Red Dot improvement factor.
And all my many years, 50 plus shooting LEICA gear! I was always
pleased to
have the red dot to make my photos look extra special. :-)
cheers,
ted"

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Red dots)