Subject: [Leica] M 246 or M Monochrom
From: leland.deane at gmail.com (Leland Deane)
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 07:04:32 -0500

So, these are my thoughts, now recently with the 246 after trading in my
beloved M9 Monochrome:

1. Both cameras are amazing in their sharpness and ease of use.

2. The images from the MM are 'harder' with more contrast, but they are
still pleasing:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lmdmd/for+lug_1-3_cropped.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lmdmd/for+lug_1-2.jpg.html

3. The high ISO capabilities are great on both cameras but the 246 is just
ridiculous:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lmdmd/L1000471_photoshop+adj_2.jpg.html

4. I am making much more use of the live view mode than I though I would.
Weird.

5. Both cameras feel the same in the hand, and the ergonomics are so
similar as be a non-issue.

Exact side by side comparisons will be very difficult, but I'm sure they'll
be done and we will all scrutinize them---it's what we do as always----but,
in the end, they are both amazing machines.

Both cameras made me want to leave my color M at home.

I would say: buy/get either one in the used market.

Leland