Subject: [Leica] Leica announced 3 new lenses.... today......
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 23:51:22 -0800

Leica announces three next-generation lens models with improved performance
profiles:

.Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH

.Leica Summicron-M 28mm f/2 ASPH

.Leica Elmarit-M 28mm f/2.8 ASPH

The new generation Summicron-M 28 mm ($3,995) and Elmarit-M 28 mm ($2,195)
lenses will be available from the end of January. The new Summicron-M 35 mm
will be available in black ($2,795) starting in February and - for the first
time - also in silver anodised finish ($2,995).

Lest you think I have lost my marbles, this is directly from one of the
announcements..  The only improvement that one reviewer could find was that
they replaced the plastic hoods with metal ones..

The price on the 35 Summicron ASPH is lower than the net after the 12%
discount on the "older" version..  That is certainly improved...  ( the 28
Summicron ASPH had a price increase, as well as the 28 Elmarit ASPH)

Did you hear the one about NEW and IMPROVED Tide clothes detergent?  In one
instance, they made the print on the package bigger.  In another, they made
the quantity smaller, but kept the price the same.

NEVER believe the marketing hype..

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Leica announced 3 new lenses.... today......)