Subject: [Leica] upgrading to LR6
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 19:14:17 -0800

I won't comment on why V6 is better than V5,,,, but I will tell you that
Adobe has said that unless you use CC, you will miss out on some of the
improvements they are planning....

IOW, if you don't change to LRCC, we are going to toss you fewer bones, and
... and this is speculation....  make you suffer until you do......  at
which point we gotcha...... because we are going to discontinue the stand
alone application....

My $0.02?  Change over the LRCC, now.  Within a year or so, you will have to
anyway.....   There is a first year coupon for $89 for the year......  Takes
away some of the bite.....

Adobe has never gotten over the fact that fonts became universally
cheap.......  They are still trying to get even.......

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

I have been using LR5, the most recent in a long chain of upgrades to LR.

What advantages or disadvantages does LR6 offer ?

Thanks for comments from experienced users,

Oliver

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] upgrading to LR6)