Subject: [Leica] Greetings
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 10:36:36 -0600

On Dec 23, 2015, at 2:43 PM, Ted Grant wrote:

> Driving? I'll try to make this short? ;-) But then you know me?  :-) :-)
> It's a story!
>
> I learned to drive at the age of 13. Drove all over the country side
> without a licence until I was old enough, 16 yrs to have one. But most of
> that was around the farm and backcountry roads. Not much traffic.
>
> Since:
> 1/ I've drove tanks, Sherman's and Churchill's. Any number of
> reconnaissance
>    type military scout cars.
> 2/ STAGHOUND  GMC Armoured cars with 37mm main gun & twin engines.
> 3/In my twenties I drove "Sprint & Stock Car racing cars on dirt & Asphalt
> tracks.
> Oh had a few crash and burns and hospital trips! OOPS! :-(
> Never had any accidents of any kind driving legally on roads nor hywys.
>
> A year ago driving in home town a guy started "honking at me!" The worst
> thing another driver can do to me! Urgent feelings of "kill!" Then I
> looked at my speedometer and I was only driving at 40 klm per hour on a 50
> KLM street.
> I was so surprised I hadn't been paying attention to the speed limit nor
> my speedometer.
> Next street to the right I turned  and parked, calmed down and thought
> about my actions, driving & attitude! :-( Calmed down, I drove home parked
> my car. My oldest grandson came over and took the car home and sold it!
> AND I'VE NEVER DRIVEN SINCE! That's a year now! :-(  It's driving me crazy
> every time I want to go shopping or wherever & maybe being  "CARELESS!"
>
> I was in error when the other driver honked at me because I wasn't really
> paying attention to my driving looking at the "speedometer" which also
> means???????
>
> "MAYBE I WASN'T PAYING PROPER ATTENTION TO OTHER THINGS!" :-( "What if my
> in-attention caused a crash or accident or I killed someone or
> myself??????? Can I drive today in my 87th year? YES!
> BUT? I believe in pure "COMMON SENSE" dictates my life whenever it's
> obvious. So there you go folks. "WHY I DON'T DRIVE!"
> SAFE DRIVING TO EVERYONE! :-)
> cheers,
> Dr.ted  :-)

AGAIN!
You demonstrate the brilliance
of living a full life
with the most practical
and pragmatic
KISS common sense.

and share it
for all those willing
to learn
the most valuable lesson(s)

An honor to have met you here Dr. Ted.

And thank you Brian for having created this crazy saloon;
for all this wisdom to spill out.

fond regards,

George

http://www.imagist.com/blog