Subject: [Leica] Burnt Mill Bar
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 08:42:47 +0800

Hi Tina,
I know this may be blasphemy for some Monochrom owners but on my computer
(Mac) screen I think prefer
the B&W from the SL - it seems richer. Perhaps it is your style of
development. Anyway a very nice series.
Thank you
Howard

Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 10:40:23 -0500
From: Tina Manley <images at comporium.net <mailto:images at comporium.net>>
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org <mailto:lug at
leica-users.org>>
Subject: Re: [Leica] IMGS: Burnt Mill Bar

Thanks, Gerry.  Yes, the baby powder is for putting on your hands so they
don't stick to the pool cue.  Taking both cameras was an experiment on my
part to see which one handled the almost no light in the bar best.  I knew
it was going to be dim.  My conclusions are that the SL is much easier to
focus but the MM is much less noticeable - about what I expected.  I think
I would have to take 10x as many photos with the MM to get the same number
in focus that I did with the SL, but it's probably worth it for discretion
- even though nobody objected to being photographed with either.

Tina

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Burnt Mill Bar)