Subject: [Leica] Christmas Tree Hunt
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 08:05:40 -0800

It has been 4 years since we had any snow in the mountains after
Thanksgiving, when we go up and get our tree.  $5 for the permit, then off
to the woods to find the perfect tree.

It had just snowed a few days before, and the temp has remained in the teens
or mid twenties, so it was still on the trees.  Makes for a pretty hike, but
harder t find the perfect tree because they all look good.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/15/tr/Tree+Hunt-1253.jpg.html

Here is the one we finally decided on.  There were two small trees growing
up through it at the base, so it was hard to decide.  We were not sure what
it would look like sans those trees.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/15/tr/Tree+Hunt-1252.jpg.html

Cut and tied to our sled.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/15/tr/Tree+Hunt-1254.jpg.html

no, I did not make my wife drag it the 1/2 mile to the truck.  Just for the
picture.

Had time to get in a little fun after the tree was secured.  these are
frames captured from a video my wife took of me.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/15/tr/Tree+Hunt-01258-1.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/15/tr/Tree+Hunt-01258-2.jpg.html

After a week in the garage for the residual snow to melt off it and time for
it to get a good drink of water, we put it up a few days ago.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/15/tr/Christmas+tree-7518.jpg.html

Merry Christmas to all.

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

would ever have dared dream.? James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson) ([Leica] Christmas Tree Hunt)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Christmas Tree Hunt)
Reply from skalte at icloud.com (Susan Ryan) ([Leica] Christmas Tree Hunt)