Subject: [Leica] IMG: It's a Wet World
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 08:50:42 +0530

Jim,
Nice shot.

We have just hit the record highest amount of rain ever recorded in
November, which, incidentally is our monsoon season. Chennai is
starting to resemble a waterway system connecting many urban lakes, as
plastic clogged drainage systems and high tide conspires to keep the
water stagnant and rising within low lying neighborhoods.
Infrastructure is now starting to collapse under the strain with roads
caving in, forming dangerous sinkholes, old buildings collapsing and
so on. Another week to go, according to the forecasts....

Anyone who denies climate change needs his head examined. This was a
drought prone city for much of the last century, but now unreasonably
high rains seem to occur every few years or so.

Cheers
Jayanand