Subject: [Leica] New M
From: jbmmllug at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 12:55:49 -0500

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 12:49 PM, Robert Adler <rgacpa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed that too Nathan. Strange and a huge step backwards in the color
> space recorded. Very strange...

But... those color space settings only affect JPEG recording, right?
And JPEGs encoded with a really big color gamut will look kind of
crappy right out of the camera, and quick use right out of the camera
is the only purpose for JPEGs.

So I don't actually see the problem.  If you want to fine-tune an
image from a wide-gamut original file, you'll be saving DNGs, not
JPEGs.  And sRGB JPEGs will be the ones which look okay for display
pretty much anywhere if you need to just pull files out of the camera
and splatter then straight onto the web.

Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] New M)
Message from rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler) ([Leica] New M)