Subject: [Leica] my 35mm stopped focusing .. what's going on?
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the lug)
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 09:51:47 -0500

Hola folks ? after years of trusty service, my voigtlander 35mm 1.7 ultron
just ? stopped focusing. the ring turns, the rangefinders move in the camera
but the focus doesn?t change in the photo. other lenses focus.

i took the lens off the camera and turned the focusing ring, and things
seemed to move as they ought ? there?s nothing i can tell that fell off
inside the camera. does this happen?

ALSO, possibly related, I?ve notice some play in the front part of the lens
that I?m not sure was always there, like if you grip the lens shade and
wiggle the front bit of the lens will move a small amount. i can?t remember
if it did that before.

thoughts? advice?

I HAVE A SPANNER WRENCH MAKE ME DANGEROUS.

kc

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] my 35mm stopped focusing .. what's going on?)