Subject: [Leica] First IR photos with M8
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 22:08:13 -0600

Digital allows us to check things like IR focus quite easily.

When I decided to dedicate the M8 + 40 mm Summicron to IR Photography.
I put the rig on a tripod;
focused with the range finder on ROCKS that could not move;
shifted the focus distance to each aperture to the right (up to 5.6).

I did this for varying distances from around 3 feet out to infinity.

When I looked at the images on the computer
it became very clear that shifting the focus to the f:4 mark on the 40 mm
Summicron
provide maximum sharpness at the viable working apertures, from f:2 through
f:8.
Results have proven very consistent.

Variances can generally be attributed to various combinations of camera
and/or subject movement.

I'll be ordering a 092 soon;
and I'll run a similar group of test photographs with the new filter.

a note off the iPad, George

Replies: Reply from hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter) ([Leica] First IR photos with M8)