Subject: [Leica] IR photography with M8 and Elamarit-M 24/2.8
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Verizon)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 07:15:37 -0500

I used cheap 720nm filters from China with good results. EBay is the way to
find sources.
Set camera to ISO640, let the built in meter do the work of metering. You
will be able to hand hold your camera.
Remember that there is a focus shift. If I remember correctly, it is about
f5.6 on your lens that you use for the focus...
Focus normally. Take camera from eye, note focus setting distance. Reset the
focus to the near focus set point of your f5.6 DOF setting of your lens.
Push shutter button.

This setup worked well for me.

I think for the purposes of experimentation, more expensive filters are not
indicated. If you like the results, and wish to try a $150 filter, your
experiment only cost you $10.

Btw, 39mm filters are nit (were not??) available. Leica made one, but they
are hard to find

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net