Subject: [Leica] "the Decisive Moment" is back in print... for now
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 15:06:06 +0000

Interestingly, I just looked copies up on Abe Books ( www.abebooks.com ).

Copies of the new edition range from GBP 60 up to about GBP 350+. The spread
of
prices surely betokens avarice on the part of some booksellers!

For half as much again as a top end copy of the new edition you can have the
first English edition (with or without the laid in captions booklet,
depending
on price and bookseller) although you can spend up to GBP 3k.

Then there is a signed first edition with all the bells and whistles for GBP
8.3k and another which is presented with a copy of the Europeans for GBP 8.1k
(both signed and with lay-in). Finally there is a signed copy of The Decisive
Moment on its own with a very personal inscription for GBP 8.5k

Interestingly even the top end of the pricing of the original French first
edition are about a third of the price of an English one and a good number
appear for some reason to be in Germany.

Bemusedly,

Peter

--

Dr Peter Dzwig