Subject: [Leica] The Art Market (Contd)
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 07:32:29 +0530

Douglas,
Stunning painting.

Modern Indian Art has increased in value hundredfold since I started
buying in 1987. About 15 years ago I switched to buying limited
edition photographs, as well as one off editions, among my collection
are purchases from many Luggers as well. Of course, taking part in
various print exchanges over the last 10-11 years has also given me a
collection of over 1500 A4/Letter sized original prints, which has
value as a collection, but these are essentially to be seen in the
hand, and not on the wall.

I found that a very good way to begin acquiring original photographs
(though "open" editions) is through the Lenswork Special Edition
Folios, which deliver great bang for the buck, and that is what I
advise youngsters who wish to begin collecting:

http://www.lenswork.com/specialeditions/lwfolios.htm

Cheers
Jayanand