Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Pub and Horse
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 01:27:12 -0000

Thanks Lluis, and to think I kept the version with the hand in it as, on
seeing it, I thought it added a certain punctum to the image.

Of course, this week is the 100th birthday of Roland Barthes the man who
gave us "Camera Lucida", and the need to make sure that we do a quick search
for the punctum in our, and others' photographs. The other thing he did, of
course,  was to promote a sensible fear and healthy respect of laundry vans
when crossing a street after lunches.

Douglas