Subject: [Leica] Which R lenses are good? Mediocre? Bad?
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 07:26:25 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:

a 24mm Elmarit-R and a 75-210mm zoom - neither of which I liked very much.
<<<

75-200mm or 70-210mm?  These are both Minolta designs, the latter with some
Leitz input.  The 75-200 (the older of these two) didn't impress me.  The
sharpness was OK and it has good flare control but bokeh could get really
funky, distortion was clearly evident and its mechanical construction was
not up to Leica standards.  The 80-200mm f/4 (A Leica design made by
Kyocera) is a much better lens.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com