Subject: [Leica] The SL
From: roark.paul at (Paul Roark)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 23:18:41 -0700

I think this is something of an open question.  I assume Leica is using
some form of thinner glass/IR filter and otherwise doing what is necessary
to allow the use of the M wides.  There was at least on hint in a writeup
that it is not handling the wides quite as well as the M.  I'm sure there
will be lots of people looking at this when they get actual production
copies for testing.

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 4:43 PM, Akhil Lal <alal at> wrote:

> I've not seen any reports on how well M wide angles perform on the SL.  Can
> you elaborate?
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 7:36 PM, Paul Roark <roark.paul at>
> wrote:
> > How it handles the M wides and even 50mm optics is a huge advantage over
> > the Sony approach for those who have a good collection of M glass.

Message from geneduprey2015 at (Gene Duprey) ([Leica] The SL)
Message from alal at (Akhil Lal) ([Leica] The SL)
Message from tmanley at (Tina Manley) ([Leica] The SL)
Message from roark.paul at (Paul Roark) ([Leica] The SL)
Message from alal at (Akhil Lal) ([Leica] The SL)