Subject: [Leica] Light tripods and electronic first curtain
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 22:49:52 -0400

Not sure the relationship between our rational mirror lock up  and
electronic first curtain,
I use a delay feature on my D700 which pre cocks everything.  So it doesn't
go off half cocked. Kind of like my Hasselblad ELM. In the end is an
isolated "click" which is only the shutter itself.

My Gitzo carbon also has the same 9 pound spec yours does I don't think its
wimpy at all but a good mid weight. I'd not call it overly light.
Old gizos were not designed so well for pole raising. It was really best not
to and try to have your camera resting on the plate where the leg all attach
everything was well connected that way..  Current carbon Gitzo's are good to
go not resting on the top plate. As a matter of fact it wont even do that
its always raised off the plate a bit no matter what you do.
But there is a Gitzo version now for very heavy use in which there is no
post and the camera rests on the top plate where the legs meet. A very
serious commitment to stability. I'd buy an 8x10 just to use one.