Subject: [Leica] BIG new Leica
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 19:38:09 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Mark it doesn't matter to me what other people are doing.  I do what's best
for me.

For example:  I don't use a big fat long lens unless there's no other way to
get a photo.  Good field skills can make a lot of mm of focal length
useless, so the big heavy tripod is often overkill for me.

One also must consider where these reference wildlife photographers are
working.  Are they working in dense brush?  Are they working in a paved
parking lot or a boardwalk 'nature trail' or clinging to the side of a
mountain?  Are they photographing Ptarmigans at their feet or Rough-legged
Hawks at 500 yards?  Is their subject moving?  What are the lighting and
weather conditions?

It's pointless to say 'these photographers are doing it so it must be
working'.  There are too many other variables.  Instead of pointing to
others who use the same technique I use, I prefer to let my photos do the
talking.  Others are welcome to use the technique they prefer.  A monopod
works for me.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com