Subject: [Leica] Leica announces SL (Typ 601), a 24MP full frame mirrorless capable of 11fps and 4K video
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 19:05:41 -0400
References: <13462815.1445378980217.JavaMail.root@mswamui-cedar.atl.sa.earthlink.net> <CA+yJO1A3OPkj1KV=5dUs_Zcr=kebexDR4q0f-FYgrv0gBETPjQ@mail.gmail.com> <B59BC2C3-8A68-4802-85D5-1FE6DAF88F0B@frozenlight.eu> <CA+yJO1DHsueJRorv71sa1k7v6MXoW10ssiq1aWgv6ApOJvPrnA@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ4y7gwdw-A=cWvZ393zWxx6b4-Rkr9Si0=qRnyKZ2uBvRiuSg@mail.gmail.com> <CA+yJO1COSnqJaTS4nK+ft3Z8hRF6jrFSzhsag+m+VOwrK14N5Q@mail.gmail.com> <B1D7662F-3140-4CFB-93EF-8FD91A52E9A9@mac.com> <CA+yJO1BF1-0=Aw0Bvm49Mh8T13M6+sxEXLUkyA4A9Wp0hCx4dA@mail.gmail.com> <2528025D-636A-4FF4-A23B-61FB1DA86DF2@gmail.com> <CA+yJO1DEFTJ6AH6HyCObjQwZ2s8vOsJASb6x1LZaUOYyy6Be6Q@mail.gmail.com> <D88827F6-7BF1-4FFA-8236-5127F39D42A6@gmail.com> <BLU404-EAS163D95D4021EC8A082D8D63B8270@phx.gbl> <CA+yJO1CoTnhGidW59VtxH0Tey2Q84GMNY9BewH6iLbD5ZdYRHg@mail.gmail.com> <CAG8EVmy0-bvUDSM9gHTkOHZPxRB-p4z7V+gs8jj_91AL717yWg@mail.gmail.com>

I don't know about not going for the pro market.  At least this one is full
frame, the initial lens is 24-90, fast 50 mm coming, longer available soon
(not interesting to me).  I'm going to try it.  I'm getting old enough that
I need auto-focus in some situations (most situations).  I would love to
have a Leica rangefinder M camera, using all of my old Leica M lenses, but
with auto-focus.  That doesn't seem to be possible.  Maybe this is the next
best solution?

Tina

In reply to: Message from wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr) ([Leica] Leica announces SL (Typ 601), a 24MP full frame mirrorless capable of 11fps and 4K video)
Message from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Leica announces SL (Typ 601), a 24MP full frame mirrorless capable of 11fps and 4K video)