Subject: [Leica] IMG: Seville at night
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 15:38:12 -0400

I had those in my first website. Then they fell out of favor a bit and I'm
not noticing them. it used to be my default whenever I'd save a jpeg. Not
its Baseline "standard" as someone must have told me it was the thing to so.
But for a decade now.
I found  progressive Photoshop though its still there as a jpeg option when
you save to a jpeg you have a choice of 3, 4 or 5 scans. I'm guessing they
must be fully compatible with any web browser or these guys would not be
using it. I think they're pretty cool.
I think they got less common then in the early web as web connections got a
lot faster.

On 10/22/15 3:18 PM, "Peter Klein" <boulanger.croissant at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, all!

Mark, I don't create progressive JPEGs. Flickr has a resizing
> routine that
it uses all the time.  I've noticed that recently, downloads from
> Flickr
look as you describe ? a rough outline comes down first, and then it
> feels
in the details.   I guess that's to avoid impatient eyeballs clicking
> away
from the page if the picture doesn't show completely within
> 20
mIlliseconds.  :-)

--Peter

On Thursday, October 22, 2015, Herbert Kanner