Subject: [Leica] LUG Book 2015 - Closing Date 2015/12/15
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 00:30:05 +0100

Well, looking at the 2013 LUG yearbook, of the over two hundred images, most
people put in two images and a few only put in one. Lluis and a Theresa
Stigale seem to have managed to get three past caretaker/editor/curator Jim
S. Not that we're envious or anything :-) The biggest surprise from that
book was the number of names I wasn't familiar with - either from the LUG
group or the LUG gallery.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that the c/e/c, in the event of low
submissions, can decide whether to include an extra image, or twenty, if he
so desires, but that shouldn't involve him in a laborious deciding exercise
as to which of the three images submitted should go in the book. He's got
enough work, I'd imagine. The submitter should decide their offical two and
mark the third one optional. If the c/e/c needs an extra image or twenty, he
can use whatever he chooses out of the optional ones.

Needless to say, as a reward for all his work, the c/e/c should be permitted
to use up to four of his own images - if he so wants. Of course, other
opinions may be different, and probably will be......

Douglas