Subject: [Leica] Leica SL and maybe the design inspiration?
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 12:11:51 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Frank Dernie wrote:

As an engineering designer used to designing for small production runs (but
much smaller than Leica) I doubt a stylist has been used. The SL looks to me
something which has entirely been designed to be inexpensively NC machined
from solid since the projected production volume almost certainly would not
have been able to fund the tooling for diecasting.
<<<

I'm almost certain I read that it's machined from a solid block of aluminum
like the T is.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com