Subject: [Leica] IMGS: A short walk
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 22:56:37 -0700

For a few weeks now, I?ve had lower back pain to the level that I wouldn?t
consider walking even a quarter mile. After some physical therapy,
especially a well-known (but not to me) recommendation to stiffen my belly
as if I was fending off a punch, I discovered a new ability to ambulate and
decided to try it out this afternoon. Simultaneously, being inspired by some
of the prolific LUGers, I decided to shoot every thing I saw of interest in
a short walk. So, please have a look.

First, an oak that I posted a few years ago, but this is a new shot.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1004110.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1004110.jpg.html>

A gingko branch.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1004112.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1004112.jpg.html>

The city fathers decided there were too many stupid people around, and these
yellow additions to the stop signs suddenly appeared
.http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1004113.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1004113.jpg.html>

Who can resist a Porsche? I then saw one in the next block, but I figured
one was enough. Of course, if it had been one of those Porsche SUVs, I would
have shot it and title the picture ?Blasphemy?.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1004114.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1004114.jpg.html>

This puzzled me, but having never seen the like of it before, I took a shot.
Checked the web site. Turns out it is kind of broad, allegedly preparing for
everything from a crime wave to an earthquake.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1004115.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1004115.jpg.html>

Shy blossom hiding away. What is it?
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1004116.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1004116.jpg.html>

Delicate blossom. Also, what is it?
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1004117.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1004117.jpg.html>

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org

Question Authority and the authorities will question you.

Replies: Reply from gerry.walden at icloud.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] IMGS: A short walk)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMGS: A short walk)
Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMGS: A short walk)
Reply from nwajsman at gmail.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMGS: A short walk)