Subject: [Leica] IMG: Unknown reptile
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 09:19:30 +0200

Good morning (here - and sunny!) Jim and Matt,

thank you - it certainly does look like one of those.

I was puzzled by the lack of scales and the rounded
snout, so I thought it must be some kind of newt.

Apart from a ground-level bird bath, we don't have any
real water features in the garden, so I expect it could
have wandered into the garden from the nearby canal (it
has landscaped banks with ponds, reeds and bushes).

Cheers
Douglas