Subject: [Leica] IMG: A Puzzler for Cessna Buffs
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 14:33:18 -0500

I've never seen that, Sonny.  After I checked this one out, I looked up
the Wiki history of the 172, and it reported what I recalled, that
Cessna saw the customer demand for tricycle gear coming, and knew that
the 170 sales would drop.  So, they made the change to tricycle gear.

I have only flown one 172, a 1957 model, and it was definitely tricycle
gear.  I had to rent it from my FAA Examiner in order to demonstrate VOR
radio navigation, because all of my training had been in a J-3 Cub with
no electrical system, so that's what I used for my check ride.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA