Subject: [Leica] M lens vs. E-lens vs. u4/3 lens
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 08:15:47 -0400

Richard,
I find that the Sony's with focus peaking to be the best use of the M
lenses, R equally as well.  The focus peaking combined with a high micro
contrast lens combined with the very high resolution OLED finder makes it
almost an M experience.  If you are planning on mostly using "native"
lenses with a Leica thrown into the fray then the Fuji X mount system is
the most M like.  The downside to the Fuji is some find button placement to
be problematic with how they hold the camera; for this only on hand
experience will determine what works best.

Where I work now I have daily intimate contact with all of these systems
and spent my money on the Sony A7R; but I am not using "native" lenses and
I do have a very wide selection of lenses from every manufacturer.  None of
the transplanted lenses are great choices if they are just average
performers.  You will find that with the best glass focus is easy and
results are superb.  As you go down the food chain with lenses focus
becomes a problem.  What you say is a good lens: 50 1.2L FD Canon, any of
the Leica ASPH, Zeiss 15,18, 21, 25, 35, 50 and 85 2.8 in most
incarnations.  Nikon DC lenses, Olympus 50 f2 Macro from the OM days.
Nikon 400 3.5 and Canon 300 2.8.  Surprisingly the old Konica 57 f1.2 and
28 2.8.  Very suprisingly the Leica 21 F4 R lens does a very good job.

Anyway, UMMV and you will need to spend time with the bodies in hand to
determine the interface.