Subject: [Leica] IMG: From my 'Food Poverty' Project
From: gerry.walden at icloud.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2015 06:43:04 +0100

I have posted two new images from the ?Food Poverty? project on the my
gallery at:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gwpics/L1000257.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gwpics/L1000262.jpg.html

This young woman has just moved into the area from living in a woman?s
refuge. She has two children (10 and 2) and has been working in the National
Health Service through an agency but has just had her contract terminated
because of government cut-backs. She declared her work hours to not include
her lunch breaks as that was her registered hours with the agency, but the
Benefits Agency do consider her lunch break as working time. She has
therefore, in their eyes, under-declared her work and therefore they have
stopped all her top-up family benefits as a ?punishment? leaving her with no
job and no state aid. Suddenly she just can?t make ends meet. The food bank
will give her enough food for her family once a week for three weeks by
which time she hopes to get another job.

Gerry

Gerry Walden LRPS
www.gwpics.com
+44 (0)23 8046 3076 or