Subject: [Leica] IMG: a day in Washington DC
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 16:56:25 -0400

A very interesting group.  The Holocaust Museum photos are very moving.

The Spitfire was interesting to me because that's the plane my father flew,
along with the Mustang, during WWII when he won medals as an Ace fighter
pilot, Distinguished Flying Cross and Oak Leaf Clusters.  I have them
framed around here somewhere.  He lied about his age and joined the RCAF
when he was 17, later moving to the USArmy Air Corp after the USA entered
the war. He never adjusted to life after the war and died of alcoholism
when he was younger than I am now.

WWII was an example of a war that was necessary, but surely we have learned
from history and won't repeat it.

Tina