Subject: [Leica] OT Mac monitor question
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 13:26:19 -0700

Hi.  I know most of you are Mac users.  A new member in our camera club
actually does have a Mac.  She attended a Lightroom workshop I put on for
the club and monitor calibration came up.  She said she was told by someone
at the Apple store that a Mac monitor does not need to be calibrated.  Is
this true?  She said they calibrate themselves with some software included
in the OS.  I cannot see how that can be without connecting some sort of
colorimeter to the screen.

Please shed some light on this for me.  Thanks.

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

"The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself
would ever have dared dream."   James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford) ([Leica] OT Mac monitor question)
Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] OT Mac monitor question)
Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] OT Mac monitor question)
Reply from kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner) ([Leica] OT Mac monitor question)