Subject: [Leica] IMG: Maui in BW
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 13:33:23 -1000

Thanks Tina. The problem with the top of Haleakala volcano is the land is
kind of straight down and pure black at night!
I thought the beach chair helped in the other photo, but because of all the
hotel lights I had to crop some of the blown out sand closer to me.
But I totally agree. I saw lots of photographers with their cameras
pointing straight to the stars (the Milky Way WAS gorgeous!), but thought
to myself where's the foreground?
We're thinking alike, just circumstances didn't permit. I hope to try one
more venue tonight if the weather cooperates (which it probably won't...).
I'll use my headlamp to light up the foreground a bit which will be fun.
Thanks,
Bob