Subject: [Leica] IMG: Brittany
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 19:47:47 -0700

I am a newbie at this and definitely willing to learn. For chemical, I am
standardizing on Kodak C-41 LORR one shot (i.e. non-reusing the developer)
with separate bleach and fix, and of course using the Jobo. Hopefully this
will give me the consistency I need, at least regarding the chemical. Best
thing is that it's actually less expensive to use than the more widely
available Tentenal or Maco C-41 and it has the major advantage of separate
bleach and fix. Major minus is that I can develop only up to 4 sheets at a
time as it needs 250ml of chemical per sheet and the Jobo tank can only
hold up to 1L. However, since I have multiple tanks, I can do one tank
followed by another tank the same session.

The strobe colors in theory should be consistent from the Profoto, but I
suspect that the ambient lights are throwing things off at times. I have no
control over those as I am often giving a room in a hotel or convention
space with who-knows-what lighting. I would be interested in a color
temperature meter, please email me off list. Not sure what you mean by a
strobe head. I do have 3 donated Profoto D4 heads but if it helps me with
my photos and save post processing time, I am all for it.

Thanks