Subject: [Leica] Lightroom merge
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 11:07:59 -0700

If your photos on your laptop are not on your Cray computer, use the
File->Export To Catalogue command to export everything (including all your
LR edits) to your external storage device. Make sure you have enough room
on your external device: I use a portable disk drive.

Once that's done, take your device to your Cray, plug it in and open LR.
use the function File->Import from catalogue.

Now this is important: make sure in the import screen you are not applying
any preset processing to your import (it's on the right side of the import
screen).

You have the option, up at the top of the import screen, to either Move the
files or Add them. I move them to a new folder where all my other files are
on my Cray. For example, if I have a Cray folder named 2015
Images/Travel/Egypt and these files are for my trip to Iceland, on the
right of the import screen I highlight my "Travel" folder and then, above
that I check "Create Subfolder" and name it "Iceland".

Click import and your there!
Hope this helps/works!
Bob