Subject: [Leica] Two pano's from yesterday
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 10:36:11 -0500

Here is some info on the modification: http://www.lifepixel.com/

You can also download some raw files there, made with converted
cameras.  An advantage of the converted camera would be faster shutter
speeds (with the Fuji it is a tripod proposition).  The lenses are
important also, as some have hot spots, a light circular area in the
middle as the lens stops down.  For example, I have a spare Canon SLR
body, but all the Canon zooms I use are all reported to have hot spots.
The two Fuji lenses I use the most, the 14 and 35, don't but the kit
zoom evidently does (I don't have one).  It's fun stuff in the summer,
when the light is otherwise really bad.

Ken