Subject: [Leica] The Ice Cream arrived!
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 13:05:22 +0100

Lluis,
I normally find photos of the backs of people do little for me, but this one
with both the child's feet off the ground works very well. However, the
interaction between the pair - mother/daughter - is let down because it's
impossible for my oldish eyes to see the reaction on the mother's face
adequately. Maybe my older and thereforefore smaller monitor is just not big
enough, but I do think that a bigger version - or tighter cropping - would
help.

Seeing the feet off the ground reminds me of my running days, and how, when
I took photographs of runners, it was always the one with both the runner's
feet off the ground which looked best, but, strangely enough, when I was the
running subject, the photographer - generally my wife - always missed that
shot or if she got it, had me out of focus! Instead of effortless floating,
I always seemed anchored to too too solid earth.

Nowadays, I'm a lot more solid than the ethereal sylph-like creature that
raced up and down mountains, so there is no hope of re-creating Douglas
Barry - the floating runner!

Anyway, good photograph.. Must have an icecream myself...

Douglas