Subject: [Leica] (SPAM: ?) Re: Confederate Flags in Fort Wayne
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 07:04:05 -0400

Yes. Two reasons, actually. Her family is from the south, though she was
born in Fort Wayne (and she is in her 50s). Southerners are often looked
down upon as culturally backward racists, which is one of the reasons many
cling to the Confederate flag. Its away of thumbing their noses at middle
class notherners.

She did mention that she bought it after the media began whipping up the
big campaign to eliminate the confederate flag everywhere. She said she
believed in free speech, including the right to say things that some
people dislike. This woman was a redneck, but she was very articulate and
knowledgeable about history. That?s unusually for anyone in Fort Wayne,
and is especially so among poorer people like her.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook

On 7/27/15, 6:20 AM, "LUG on behalf of Douglas Barry"
<lug-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com at leica-users.org on behalf of