Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Some stuff at the Computer History Museum
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 20:10:54 -0700

A few days ago, I attended a meeting to inform volunteers at the Computer
History Museum of their plans for an interactive software exhibit. This will
involve extending the present building, and will get under way as soon as
they have raised the $6 million that it will cost.

Anyway, in this picture, Kirsten Taschev, the Vice President of Collections
and Exhibits, and Mark Weber, the somewhat colorful curator of Internet
History, are addressing us.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1000188.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1000188.jpg.html>

In the room was a device that is under continual development> It attracted a
crowd of volunteers. A couple are wearing the blazing red uniform shirt, a
color I deplore. Until this year, our uniform shirts were a comfortable
blue. I have not played with this device for over a year, at which time it
was a bit more primitive. It is supposed to give the uninitiated a notion of
logical alternatives, and, I think, (maybe) loops. Physically, one is making
a frog jump from lily pad to lily pad, trying to reach an objective and, if
I possibly remember correctly, avoid an enemy/

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1000177-2.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1000177-2.jpg.html>

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org