Subject: [Leica] Voigtlander Nokton 1.1 yes or no?
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 11:34:12 -0700

yes

Sent from my iPhone
Steve Barbour

On Jul 21, 2015, at 11:17 AM, kyle cassidy on the LUG <leicaslacker at
gmail.com> wrote:

Hi folks ?

My trusty $100 Canon Serenar has picked up a slight wobble, I?m not sure if
this is a portent of evil to come or if I just never noticed it before ? but
the front element section will move around a bit if you wiggle it (?stop
wiggling it!? advice I thank you for in advance).

I?m thinking of preemptively replacing it. I was going to go for a
Voigtlander 1.5, which seem to be about $900 in Leica M mount, but noticed
that the Nokton 1.1 was going for about $650 ? any thoughts on whether the
nokton would work as my only 50 or is it too big for every day use?

Suggestions of other 50?s you have lying around in drawers and want to get
rid of also taken.

Priorities are:

1) no slower than f2
2) focusing closer than 3 feet (which means any screwmount 50 is in, though
I?d prefer an M mount that I could focus closer without having to resort to
the penny-shim trick.)