Subject: [Leica] Red Knight
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 23:04:26 +0100

Having looked at this photo of yours a few days ago, Jim, and then boned up
on the Korean War,
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Red+Knight.tif.html
I heard the writer and former Sabre pilot James Salter on Witness - a BBC
Radio 4 programme - this morning describing his - to say the least -
challenging time during the Korean War when aerial combat evolved by leaps
and bounds and it made me want to read his books.

If you don't know of him, here's an interview he did with the Guardian
newspaper a couple of years ago. Sadly he passed away last month.
http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/may/11/james-salter-forgotten-hero-literature-interview

Keep up the good work.

Douglas

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Red Knight)