Subject: [Leica] Possible M8 purchase - HELP!
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 16:32:25 -0500

On Jul 11, 2015, at 8:20 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> The smartness or dumbness of buying a Leica M8 at this date mid 2015 would
> depend solely on the price in which you are buying it. (at)
> The viability of this camera as is being expressed now on the Lug is
> surprising in that there are countless treads on how the camera which never
> worked soon stops working altogether.
> I would suggest that the people here on the Lug willing to part with theirs
> to take them up on it. If the price is super low like in a couple of bucks.
> And you are otherwise totally in the flush and willing to throw good money
> out the window that you'd otherwise not be spending on food, shelter or a
> camera which worked.
>
> Leica fired its CEO for suggesting that a digital Leica M was possible.
> It also said that any Leica M would be full frame.
> It then came out with its first out M. a cropped digital M. The M8.
> It kept Leica  lenses selling but otherwise was one of the biggest
> disasters
> in camera history. Made the Edsal in comparison seem like a success.
> Its best to keep it as a historical footnote.

My seven year old M8 continues to deliver beautiful digital files with all
of my M lenses;
and has been doing so for over 7 years.

Meanwhile, you continue to throw out trash about the M8, a camera you never
shot a frame with.

And, to the best of my knowledge, your M glass collection has never been
used to expose a digital frame.

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com