Subject: [Leica] Do you ever feel you're cheating with photography?
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the lug)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 12:41:21 -0400

There are some things that I?ve always resisted photographing because it?s
like cheating ? views that are so spectacular all you need to do is show up
(antelope canyon is a prime example of this) ? locally I?ve always avoided
photographing in Eastern State Penitentiary, the abandoned prison that once
housed Al Capone and is now a ruined tourist attraction. Getting spectacular
photos there is pretty much ?f2.8 and be there?.

A few weeks ago I ended up teaching a photo class in there ( For a
ridiculous amount of money, you can get the whole place to yourself.) I was
going to stick to my guns and not actually take any photos while I was
teaching but I ended up snapping about ten because it felt foolish not to
grab something that was right there. This is model Roxana Hire, shot with a
Leica M9 and a 35mm 1.7 while waiting for the students to get their lights
set up.

http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2015/roxana.jpg
<http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2015/roxana.jpg>

I was also unable to avoid going to Antelope Canyon and taking photos while
passing through Arizona.

What about you? Are there things you avoid photographing because you think
it?s too easy? Do you ever give in?

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Do you ever feel you're cheating with photography?)
Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] Do you ever feel you're cheating with photography?)
Reply from scottgregory at mac.com (Scott Gregory) ([Leica] Do you ever feel you're cheating with photography?)