Subject: [Leica] Barnack Award 2015 - Public Award - it looks like Leica photography
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 10:26:10 -0500

Frank wrote:

> It also made me realize, again, why showing off your images to others is a
> major mistake.

I'm not sure why one would go to the effort of owning a camera, making
images if the goal is not to show someone else what you saw in that
"augenblick" in time.

It seems to me this thread has been pretty harsh on a young photographer who
gained modest success by coming up by standing in a typhoon, coming up with
a cohesive theme and following through.  Contrary to some of the remarks
here, several of the shots are pretty dang good in composition and drew me
in.  I'm really happy I looked at them before I read the thread.

She saw something and wanted to share it.

This whole thread sounds like a bunch of jealous old farts who own too much
gear and post too few pictures.

Sonny

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Barnack Award 2015 - Public Award - it looks like Leicaphotography)
Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Barnack Award 2015 - Public Award - it looks like Leica photography)