Subject: [Leica] Barnack Award 2015 - Public Award - it looks like Leica photography
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 07:20:47 -0700

Did this person get a proper sized lens shade for a reward?

Vignetting on each and every shot, really?

VERY nice photography.  Dramatic, strong, graphical, colorful.  Nice
combination.

The original subject, the "images" of people on bikes in the rain, reminded
me of the art movements of the past where the major emphasis is on
non-conformity to other types of work.  Different is the major emphasis.

We saw some of this again this year while on vacation in England.  I refer
to it as Crap Art.  Sells for big bucks, lots of "important" people say good
things about it, looks like it could have been done by a computer aided
monkey, rarely does it have technical proficiency.  It is also usually, in
photographic terms, printed very large.

I don't think the words Avant Garde are out of place.

It also made me realize, again, why showing off your images to others is a
major mistake.  Entering photo contests is even a worse mistake.  You get to
see, as well as others see, what really won, and therefore denigrates your
work to that of loser.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Now this is more like photography. (Although 366 votes for the winning
photographer is a bit meager)

http://www.i-shot-it.com/photo-set-entry.php?pseid=551981291b0cf

The main and newcomer award winners each received 10 points from the "real"
world

Douglas

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Barnack Award 2015 - Public Award - it looks like Leica photography)
Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Barnack Award 2015 - Public Award - it looks like Leica photography)