Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Granville Bridge
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 12:04:43 +0100

Jay,

I'm going for II as there is definitely a destination involved - a
destination that seems to evoke an aspirant reaching for the skies, a sort
of monochrome Oz with the elevated Yellow Brick Road (albeit in black and
white) that contrasts with my upbringing amidst the low thatched cottages of
a predominantly green and rural Ireland. The second photograph emphasises
that destination, and the fact that the bridge is just a means to take you
across the picture, out of the rural green rut, and into a world of
metropolitan adventure where people might tap dance on the street, and, in
this case, maybe on the decks of their yachts....

Rosie the Riveter might have a different viewpoint.

OK, I'll go back to being 64 now :-)

Douglas