Subject: [Leica] My Sony broke; my M9 too.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 23:36:49 -0400

Sony needs another hit like the Walkman. But in the photo world they are up
against companies who've been at for over a century not a fraction of a
decade.
Sony got into this whole camera thing when it bought Minolta . That was
2006. Same year the M8 came out. The year I moved to NY. Kind of the day
before yesterday in this whole photography timeline. Nine years ago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Alpha
But they made Cyber-shot point and shoots since 1996.
19 years ago. I got lens caps older than that.
My point being they could go back to making Walkmans  and forget this whole
boring photo thing entirely. Unless their new Walkmans also take pictures.
People just don't want to take their headphones out. Or put their electronic
device down.
I think Canon or Leica is the smarter choice getting into a serous system.
Or Leica. As its likely that next year they'll still be in the camera
business.