Subject: [Leica] KIH ER image.....
From: leland.deane at gmail.com (Leland Deane)
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 15:26:55 -0400

Sonny is right.

Any medical image that could possibly be identified with a patient (and
you'd be surprised at the many ways this could be done) is a violation of a
patient's right to privacy. All images used in patient care must have, at a
minimum, a release from the patient or the guardian, and sometimes from the
hospital. There are severe fines for not doing this and it is a federal
offense as well.

When I was in medical stock photography (FPG, Getty), all of our medical
images were released, no matter how 'isolated'----even a x-ray of a hand.

Leland