Subject: [Leica] Bat Bending Strength: The Ted Gran Effect?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 13:05:54 -0400

The horizontal or vertical focal plane shutter can make for some real
Einsteinian in the train effects but to me the real odd ones came from the
diaphragm  or leaf shutter. Seems to make for a time space warp you can
really wrap your head around. If your Gumby

On 5/10/15 12:18 PM, "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols at lighttube.net> wrote:

> Ha!  No electronics involved in that one.  I was thinking of those
> images as well.  The Leica handbooks of the 1950s, which I have
> somewhere, use a similar image to demonstrate what can happen as the
> horizontally-traveling slit passes across the film opening, recording a
> moving wheel-type image.  All purely mechanical.
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA
>
> On 5/10/2015 11:06 AM, Philippe wrote:
>> It is due to the electronic shutter
>>
>> Lartigue invented it ;-)
>> http://www.exponaute.com/magazine/2012/10/01/art-et-automobile-un-siecle-dins
>> piration/
>>
>> I'm serious Philippe
>>

>> Le 10 mai 2015 ? 17:47, Robert Adler <rgacpa at gmail.com> a ?crit :
>>
>>> Trying out the M 135 f/3.4 ASPH on a Fuji X-T1, as a potential longish
>>> lens
>>> solution. This visual phenom occurred (no photoshop!).
>>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rgacpa_HI/Bat+Bending+Strength-2015-05-09.j
>>> pg.html
>>>
>>> Ted Grant has an image, "Martha," that seems to be somewhat similar to
>>> this
>>> effect: