Subject: [Leica] New M(246) Outputs 12 bit Files
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 05 May 2015 19:37:58 -0400

I think what will happen is they will put two large prints up side by side
one with the old 14 bit camera and the other with the new 12 bit and the new
camera will of course blow the old one right out of the water these people
did not wake up one morning all of a sudden stupid.
The interesting thing will be what the mitigating factors might be and how
they are put in place.
Is bit depth less of an issue with only one channel than three? (RGB)
Whatever it is the proof will be  in the pudding and they've already see and
tasted the  pudding. They'll give us a taste when they get around to it. But
I do think plenty of people will be blown over by rather large glowing
monochrome prints from this camera which will be a life changing experience.
A new paradigm creating kind of thing. And we'll see those soon.